1971 Lancia Fulvia

1600 HF Lusso

Summary

  • Year of manufacture 
    1971
  • Car type 
    Coupé
  • Condition 
    Used
  • Location
  • Exterior colour 
    Other
  • Gearbox 
    Manual
  • Fuel type 
    Petrol

Description

1971 - Lancia Fulvia 1600 HF Lusso

French registration papers

More than 45 000 € of recent invoices
Restored by the Brand Specialist, Albert Cailler
Eligible for the most beautiful historic events

Derived from the Fulvia saloon, the coupé was introduced at the Geneva Motor Show in 1965. Designed by Pietro Castagnero, its lines were both more flowing and more sporting. Within a short time, Cesare Fiorio, the head of the Squadra Corse HF Lancia racing team, clamoured for his management to let him take advantage of the Fulvia coupé’s performance in motorsport. In 1966, the first Fulvia 1.2 HF for competition appeared, followed two years later by the 1.6 HF production model. The 1.6 HF arrived at the same time as Lancia was taken over by Fiat, which resulted in increased investment in competition and, as a crowning glory, victory in the World Rally Championship in 1972, as well as many other wins until 1974. Altogether, 3690 1600 HF and HF Lusso coupés were built, until production of the Lancia Fulvia HF coupé ended in January 1973.

Given the Fulvia's sporting abilities in competition, many of them have been transformed and prepared to take part in the various events on the historic calendar. It is therefore rare to present a Lancia Fulvia 1600 HF Lusso in its strict original version. Restored without cost limit at the great specialist of the brand in Switzerland Albert Cailler in 2010 (Garage Olivier Bugnard - Autigny), this car is one of the most beautiful on the market. You only have to look at the quality of the paint, the alignments, the underbody, the floors or the engine bay to see the quality of the work done. If one consults the file that will be given to the future owner, each step of the restoration is well documented and commented step by step in the correspondence exchanged between Albert Cailler and his owner. As further proof, the chassis and the reassembled engine/gearbox were exhibited at the Geneva Classics show in 2007 in order to present the know-how of the workshop.
Stripped down to the sheet metal and then repainted in its original colour, the bodywork has aged very well. As for the engine, it was completely reconditioned with new pistons, connecting rods and bearings, as well as the ancillary mechanical components: radiator, starter, alternator, carburettor, tank and fuel system. The brakes (discs, shoes, brake pads, master cylinder) and the electrical wiring harness were also replaced. The passenger compartment is not to be outdone with new woodwork on the dashboard, and the leather upholstery redone in its entirety.
Sold in 2012 to the current owner, the car has since covered a little over 10,000 km on the roads of the Oise or during the 2013 Rallystory Corsica Trophy. Overhauled in May 2020, its operation is beyond reproach and its driving is very pleasant.