This XK 140 drophead coupe one of only 479 examples built with right hand drive was delivered to Manchester in November 1955 and first registered there in June 1956. After an extended period of inactivity as shown on old photographs, the car was acquired by an enthusiast and, over the following years, has been lovingly restored to original specifications. According to a confirmation issued by Jaguar in 1982 engine and body number correspond to the numbers when the car was new. In 2006, the owner finally sold the car and it was imported and registered in Switzerland by the vendors. An extensive file with documentation, receipts and photographs since 1982 is available. The Jaguar is in very good and well maintained condition and has passed the last Swiss Veteran MOT with flying colours in September 2020.