Jaguar XK120 SE DHC LHD - 1953
Matching numbers & matching colours as proven by Jaguar Heritage Certificate.
Nothing can beat the Britishness of this Jaguar XK Drophead Coupé!
- the elegant lines (designes by Jaguar Boss William Lyons),
- the original colour combination of British Racing Green with Sage Green leather upholstery,
- the charming wall-nut wood veneer on dashboard and door cappings,
- the cosiness of the Drophead Coupé cabin,
- the Dunlop wire wheels in the same BRG body colour,
- the sound from the SS twin exhaust system (correct for the rare SE version) produced by the famous XK engine.
As for so many Jaguar XKs, the life of this Jaguar started in the USA but ends-up back in Europe when a French writer imports this sound & running Jaguar XK into France.
Faced with the inevitable restoration, my Belgian classic car friend & customer Jean-Marie, who dreamt his whole youth of owning exactly such an XK, steps in (2011).
Totally in love with this sound project, Jean-Marie entrusts:
- the bare-metal body restoration & paint job to Brussels Carrosserie 2001,
- the mechanical overhaul to a well known Jaguar specialist from Brussels,
- the retrim in Sage Green to Suffolk & Turley from Warwickshire – England
- the restoration of the wood veneer to marqueterie specialists from the Brussels antique scene.
Very proud of the final result, Jean-Marie participates at many classic car rallies accompanied by friends also being part of the very active Belgian & French classic car scene.
Having total faith in the quality restoration and roadworthiness of his Jaguar XK, he even competes with the brave lady of now 66 “without missing a beat” in events where all other participants drive youngtimers!
Now is the ideal moment to enjoy this XK for comfortable autumn touring and planning nice trips abroad for the next seasons. The new owner will not be disappointed!