"The Mini was made by the British Motor Corporation (BMC) and its successors from 1959 until 2000. The original is considered a British icon of the 1960s; with its space-saving, front-wheel drive layout, allowing 80% of the car's floorpan to be used for passengers and luggage. This influenced a generation of car makers, and in 1999, the Mini was voted the second most influential car of the 20th century, behind the Ford Model T. This distinctive, two-door car was designed by Sir Alec Issigonis, and was manufactured at the Longbridge and Cowley plants. The Mini Mk. I had three major UK updates; the Mk. II, the Clubman and the Mk. III. Within these were a series of variations, including an estate car, a pick-up and a van. The Mini Cooper and Cooper 'S' were sportier versions, and made successful racing cars, winning the Monte Carlo Rally four times from 1964 through to 1967. Initially, Minis were marketed under the Austin and Morris names; as the Austin Seven and Morris Mini Minor, until Mini became a marque in its own right in 1969.
This remarkably well kept Mini 1000 automatic has been cared for throughout its life, covering only 21,320 miles from new. The original owner, a Mrs B. Elliot, purchased the car in June 1979 for £3,139.59, from Kennings Motor Distributors of Derby. The car was undersealed from new which has helped to keep it in such a condition to this day. The interior trim and headlining are in very good order and the Russet Brown paintwork is certainly a credit to the car, as is the chromework. Accompanying this vehicle is an impressive history file, including many previous MoT test certificates, as well as a wealth of servicing and repair bills together with the original bill of sale. Original handbooks and owner’s workshop manual can also be found along with a V5C registration document. Having been garaged and well looked after by its previous owners, this is a collector’s example with a history to support its place as a true classic Mini."