It’s cool, man! Winter sport meets motor sport at the GP Ice Race
In the summer they’re drawn to the racetracks, in winter they go to Scandinavia: During the cold season, there are spectacular races on frozen lakes and icy tracks. In 2019 Ferdinand Porsche revived the old tradition of ice races and with his pal Vinzenz Greger he brought back the GP Ice Race to Zell am See in Austria, the home of the Porsche family. For two days amateurs, professional racing drivers, teams and manufacturers of different classes meet there for racing competitions - facing the extreme conditions of an icy track at the old airport.
• The GP Ice Race 2020: the participants, the cars, the men of action
• Exclusive background stories about the races, interviews with drivers and promoters – published and curated by Ferdinand Porsche junior
• Marvellous coffee-table book with top photos by top photographers
• The perfect present for car and Porsche lovers!
• Spectacular pictures of motor races on the icy track
“Motorsport belongs to Zell am See like passes to the mountains,” says Ferdinand Porsche, great-grandson of the Porsche patriarch of the same name. Apparently Ferdinand Porsche junior does not just share the great name, but also the motor sport genes of his ancestors.
So the GP Ice Race unites a varied mix of participants, that should please all motorsport enthusiasts. Among others, participants are supercars, modern classic cars and classic cars, vehicles with combustion and electric engines. The two organizers even planned the traditional Skijoring, where courageous skiers, connected by a tow line, are pulled by a car. This racing weekend is a special experience of freedom, driving skills, sporting precision and speed – a must for motor racing enthusiasts!
Text in German/English.
240 pages / format 21 x 28 cm / hardcover / ISBN: 978-3-667-11973-5