1961 VW Karmann
Year of manufacture1961
Mileage67 334 km / 41 840 mi
Engine 4 Cylinder
Power 34 HP
Gearbox Manual 4 Speed
Drive, Rear Wheel Drive (RWD)
Black Original License Plate, Brescia
1953, Paris Motor Show: Ghia presented a prototype coupe based on Beetle. Wilhelm Karmann Jr, was so impressed by tye car that decided, in agreement with the Ghia designers, to begin a large-scale production as soon as possible.
After a long development (by Volkswagen, Karmann and Ghia), the new coupe was presented to the public in 1955, with the name of 1200 Karmann-Ghia. The new and successful body, bolted to the platform chassis, used the mechanics of the Beetle without any modification.
robust, reliable and well-built car, however, had very poor performance: the 1192 cc engine of only 34 hp was enough for a top speed of 115 kph, with over 25 seconds to reach the 100 kph.
In 1957 the coupé was joined by the convertible version.
Today it is a car full of charm and extremely enjoyable.
- Car in perfect body and engine conditions.
- Very elegant bicolor paint (White and grey), with new chrome parts.
- Red leather seats, interiors totally restored
- The carpet has been changed
- Original dashboard and dials perfectly working
- The engine is fully working
- All the other parts (fenders, emblems, etc) are new
It is possible to view the car online, by booking a call with one of our commercial operators, via Skype, Zoom, Whatsapp and Google Meet platforms.