"The Rover P5 series was produced from 1958 until 1973. Models were marketed under the names Rover 3 litre and Rover 3½ litre. The final iteration of the P5 appeared in September 1967. Now powered by the 3528cc Rover V8 engine also used in the P6 3500, the car was badged as the ‘3.5 Litre’, and commonly known as the 3½ litre. The final letter in the ‘P5B’ model name came from Buick, the engine's originator. The Borg Warner Type-35 automatic transmission, hydrosteer variable ratio power steering were now standard. Output of 160bhp was claimed along with improved torque. When compared to its predecessor, the aluminium engine enabled the car to offer improved performance and fuel economy resulting both from the greater power and the lesser weight of the power unit. The exterior was mostly unchanged, apart from bold '3.5 Litre' badging, a pair of fog lights which were added below the head lights, creating a striking four light array and the fitting of chrome Rostyle wheels with black painted inserts.
Originally registered on 13th March 1973 this Rover is in very good order throughout. The Zircon Blue paintwork is in good order showing no signs of corrosion and the ample chromework is in delightful condition. The spacious grey leather interior is in comparable condition to the rest of the car. Supplied originally by Henlys in London, this P5B Coupé has been fitted with a manual choke in place of the often troublesome AED unit. This Rover was featured in Classic Car Weekly in August 2017 and is supplied with a V5C registration document and some invoices for work carried out; we are advised by the vendor she will be presented for an MoT test prior to the auction. The original service book and handbook are incorporated in the history folder. The silent comfortable ride meant this was a very popular mode of transport for government ministers and the Royal family."