"Manufactured from 1949 through to 1964, the Rover P4 series of cars were produced in several different models; the Rover 60, 75, 80, 90, 95 100, 105 and 110. Apart from the 60 and 80, the models all had inline six-cylinder engines with overhead inlet valves and side exhaust valves. Various transmissions were used including either a manual overdrive box or, until 1959, the option of the manual gearbox with a free wheel unit. The bodies were mounted on a separate chassis with independent suspension by coil springs at the front and semi-elliptical leaf springs at the rear. By 1950 the brakes were fully hydraulic with discs at the front being standard from 1959. The P4 90 was replaced by the more powerful 100 in 1960. The car was luxurious with its silky 2.6 litre straight six engine and stopping power via the power assisted Girling brakes with discs fitted at the front. The coachwork featured an alloy bonnet, doors and boot lid with the interior finished in wood and leather.
The Rover P4 100 on offer here was purchased by the current vendor in 1984 and has been used regularly throughout their ownership, mainly during weekends and summer months. Dry stored for a number of years, this Rover has recently been treated to a light recommissioning and is currently in good running condition, however it would benefit from further work to bring it back to its very best. The grey paintwork is flat in places and the interior is showing some signs of age. This two owner from new example is showing a mere 36,211 miles on the odometer and comes with a history file including the V5 registration document and sundry invoices. We are sure this car will be a lot of fun for the new owner!"