1970 Rolls-Royce Mulliner Park Ward

Summary

  • Year of manufacture 
    1970
  • Mileage 
    82 853 mi / 133 339 km
  • Car type 
    Other
  • Lot number 
    131
  • Drive 
    RHD
  • Condition 
    Used
  • Location
  • Exterior colour 
    Other
  • Gearbox 
    Automatic

Description

"Rolls-Royce Motors formed Mulliner Park Ward by the 1961 merger of two Rolls-Royce subsidiaries: Park Ward of Willesden, London, a Rolls-Royce subsidiary since 1939 and H. J. Mulliner & Co. of Chiswick, a Rolls-Royce subsidiary since 1959. Mulliner Park Ward continues to operate as the vehicle customisation division of Bentley Motors Limited, the successor of Rolls-Royce Motors. The Corniche was a development of the Rolls-Royce Silver Shadow with the two door variants of that model marketed as the ‘Silver Shadow Mulliner Park Ward’ two-door fixedhead coupé, the very handsome coachwork design was by John Polwhele Blatchley. The model was assembled and finished in London at Mulliner Park Ward as continuation of the 1965 Silver Shadow coupé, the Corniche name was applied from 1971 for all two-door coupés. The car used the standard Rolls-Royce V8 6750cc engine, with an aluminium-silicon alloy block and aluminium cylinder heads with cast iron wet cylinder liners mated to a three-speed automatic transmission from General Motors.
This two-door Mulliner Park Ward was manufactured in 1970 and is finished in Seychelles Blue with cream interior. This car has been dry stored for the last five years, however with a fully charged battery she fired up immediately and ran well. Supplied with a V5 registration document, this rare example Rolls-Royce will appeal to both enthusiasts and investors alike. The classic lines of such a handsome car will always define this car as one that ‘stands out from the crowd’."