1983 Pininfarina Spider Europa
Year of manufacture1983
Car typeConvertible / Roadster
- First registered in Germany in 1983 and imported into Italy in 1988, the Car has spent little time in northern Europe; it is in excellent condition. Since 2015 with the current owner who has carefully maintained it. Valid MOT. The last series of the Fiat 124 Sport Spider sold directly under the Pininfarina brand who had always built the model under the name Spidereuropa.
- Bright red colour with black interior and chrome, Pininfarina emblems present with clean undercarriage with protective coating intact, hood replaced a few years ago and all in perfect condition. Equipped with folding windbreak and alloy wheels.
- Mechanics regularly maintained and serviced and always carefully followed by a specialized workshop. Substantial service carried out in 2015, billed for over €2,600, with replacement of timing belt and water pump, brake and fuel systems overhauled, new exhaust, cooling system overhauled with replacement of radiators, injection system tuned and electrical system thoroughly checked. This intervention made the car always ready for use and reliable.
- Absent from the European market from 1975 to 1981 when the Fiat Spider was sold only on the American market, Pininfarina decided to resume sales of the model in Europe in 1981 under the name Pininfarina Spidereuropa. Production ceased in 1985. This latest series inherited the massive bumpers of the American version, but without shock absorbers; its finish was much improved and adopted the latest evolution of the 105hp 2000i engine.
When the vehicle was first introduced by Fiat in 1966, it was extremely cutting edge technology thanks to its double camshaft engine with toothed belt, disc brakes, fifth gear, advanced suspension, and all at an extremely low price. 20 years later the 124 Spider was still a very competitive car. Even today, among classic cars, it is still a very popular model that maintains its excellent relationship between the budget required and emotions offered. This example is no exception, the red colour is particularly attractive to the model and the maintenance carried out makes it ready for everyday use. The Spidereuropa represents a valid alternative to more noble but more expensive Italian spiders.
- The car must be collected from the province of Pescara.