• Year of manufacture 
  • Mileage 
    3 414 mi / 5 495 km
  • Car type 
  • Country VAT 
  • Chassis number 
  • Engine number 
  • Lot number 
  • Drive 
  • Condition 
  • Number of doors 
  • Number of seats 
  • Location
  • Exterior colour 
  • Gearbox 
  • Drivetrain 
  • Fuel type 


- Rare surviving Coachbuilt Saloon complete with folding 'Kopalapso' roof

- Advanced overhead camshaft engine inspired by a WW1 aeronautical Hispano-Suiza design and shared with the MG M-Type sports car

- The subject of much past restoration work but pleasingly retains its original rubber running board inserts and 'cammy' engine etc

- Brown leatherette upholstery, opening windscreen, brand new 12volt dynamo

Introduced at the October 1928 Olympia Motor Show, the Morris Minor was conceived as an altogether more sophisticated rival to the Austin 7. Influenced by a Hispano-Suiza World War I aero engine design, the newcomer's advanced overhead camshaft 850cc four-cylinder powerplant was shared with the MG M-Type sports car. Like a big car in miniature, the Minor featured a ladder frame chassis equipped with all-round semi-elliptic leaf-sprung suspension and four-wheel drum brakes. Available with a choice of open or closed bodywork, the coachbuilt steel saloon derivative was elegant, practical and well-finished. It could also be specified with a fold-back 'Kopalapso' roof for those who wanted to augment the airflow offered by the standard fit opening windscreen. Faced with a marginal per unit profit margin and instances of oil leaking down the drive shaft from the camshaft bevel into the dynamo (a non-issue these days thanks to modern 'O' rings), Morris decided to launch a cheaper sidevalve version during 1931. Thus, just 39,087 'Cammy' Minors were produced over a four-year production run.

Finished in Maroon over Black with Brown leatherette upholstery, this particular Coachbuilt Saloon example sports a winged calormeter, 'Kopalapso' fold-back roof, rear-mounted spare wheel and what appear to be the original rubber inserts to its running boards. First road registered as 'WE 9758' by Sheffield County Council on 14th October 1930, the diminutive four-seater has self-evidently been treated to much past restoration work. Further improved by the vendor thanks to the installation of a new 12-volt dynamo, the Morris started readily upon inspection and looks to pleasingly retain its factory-fitted engine (number U29724). A quite delightful Vintage Saloon, this rare surviving 'Cammy' Minor is offered for sale with workshop manual and original instruction book.

PLEASE NOTE: All estimates are subject to a buyer's premium of 15% incl. VAT (@ 20%)