Berkshire SL5 7JX
Saturday 2 October 2010 at 3pm
MG's first post-war sports two seater was the TC, basically a mildly updated version of the limited production TB - like many manufacturers, MG decided the quickest way to get post-war production underway was by using a pre-war design; as such the TC shared a similar chassis with semi-elliptic leaf spring suspension. Power was provided by the same Morris Ten-based, 1,250cc overhead valve four cylinder engine producing 54bhp, via twin SU carburettors, allied to a four speed gearbox.
The TD model that replaced it in 1949 shared a similar specification but there was a new box section chassis, (Shared in part with the Y type) new coil spring and wishbone independent front suspension and rack and pinion steering.
Built by the MG Motor Company at Abingdon-on-Thames in 1951, this MG TD was exported to Cyprus before returning to the UK in the 70s. This MG left the factory as a right hand drive car and was later con