1934 Mercedes-Benz Typ 290

Cabriolet D, only 28 examples remaining

Summary

  • Year of manufacture 
    1934
  • Car type 
    Convertible / Roadster
  • Drive 
    LHD
  • Condition 
    Restored
  • Interior colour 
    Green
  • Interior type 
    Leather
  • Number of doors 
    4
  • Number of seats 
    4
  • Location
  • Exterior colour 
    Green
  • Gearbox 
    Manual
  • Performance 
    78 PS / 58 kW / 77 BHP
  • Drivetrain 
    2wd
  • Fuel type 
    Petrol

Description

Mercedes 290 Cabriolet D –

Fahrgestell lang (also hergestellt in Mannheim, nicht Untertürkheim)

Sindelfingen Werkskarosserie

6 Zylinder 3185ccm 78 PS 126 km/h

ZF-Getriebe

FIVA- Pass mit Anlagen

Bordbücher

Aktueller deutscher KFZ- Brief

Technische Anleitungen

Von Zeitzeugen komplett dokumentierte Historie, dokumentiert in einem vielseitigen Appendix im FIVA-Pass:

Ausgeliefert an die Leo- Werke in Dresden, dem damals grössten Zahnpflegemittel-Hersteller in Europa

- nach dem Krieg von der russischen Besatzungsmacht beschlagnahmt und vom Ministerium für Verkehr als Dienstwagen genutzt

1948 an den Verantwortlichen für Holztransporte in Sachsen übergeben, der ihn bis Mitte der `80er Jahre besass.Von diesem stammt auch die Schilderung der Historie.

Ab 1988 unter der Regie eines DES Kenners der Materie komplett zerlegt, und überholt, inklusive Motor, Getriebe, Achsen.

Ausgerüstet mit der leistungsstärkeren 3,2 Liter- Maschine

Heute noch 28 Exemplare existent, und im Typ-Register gelistet
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Mercedes 290 Cabriolet D -

Chassis long (i.e. manufactured in Mannheim, not Untertürkheim)

Sindelfingen factory body

6 cylinders 3185ccm 78 hp 126 km/h

ZF gearbox

FIVA- passport with attachments

Logbooks

German registration

Technical manuals

History completely documented by contemporary witnesses, documented in a versatile appendix in the FIVA passport:

Delivered to the Leo- Werke in Dresden, the largest manufacturer of dental care products in Europe at that time.

- after the war confiscated by the Russian occupation forces and used as an official car by the Ministry of Transport

In 1948 it was handed over to the person responsible for timber transport in Saxony, who owned it until the middle of the 1980s.

In 1988, under the direction of a DES expert, it was completely disassembled and overhauled, including engine, gearbox and axles.

Equipped with the more powerful 3.2 litre engine.

Today, 28 examples still exist and are listed in the type register.