1956 Mercedes-Benz 300

C 'Adenauer' Saloon

Summary

  • Year of manufacture 
    1956
  • Car type 
    Other
  • Chassis number 
    1860166500282
  • Engine number 
    186921-6500164
  • Lot number 
    55214
  • Drive 
    RHD
  • Condition 
    Used
  • Number of doors 
    4
  • Number of seats 
    2
  • Location
  • Exterior colour 
    Other
  • Gearbox 
    Manual
  • Drivetrain 
    2wd
  • Fuel type 
    Petrol

Description

- Supplied new via Glovers of Ripon Ltd to the Tulketh Spinning Co Ltd of Preston

- Purchased by Group Captain G.H. King in 1967 and current ownership since the 1970s

- Dry garage stored for many years and now in need of restoration

The 300, aka W186, Mercedes produced between 1951 and 1957 was the company's largest and most prestigious model of the period, and a rival to Rolls- Royce's Silver Cloud. It is also often referred to as the 'Adenauer' in deference to its popularity with Germany's then Chancellor Konrad Adenauer. The 'C' variant was the last of the line and featured an enlarged rear window and the option of automatic transmission. The 'barn find' sale car was supplied new in 1956 to the Tulketh Spinning Co. of Preston by Glovers of Ripon. The second keeper, G H King, acquired it in 1967, but it has remained in its current ownership since the '70s. Finished in White and trimmed in Red, it was in dry storage for many years and is now in need of restoration. This potentially very rewarding project comes complete with original buff log book and its MOT and tax disc from 1969.

PLEASE NOTE: All estimates are subject to a buyer's premium of 15% incl. VAT (@ 20%)