Featuring a 4.0 Liter Engine (largest capacity offered and most desirable) ZF 5-Speed manual transmission, Aluminum Coachwork and Original (date coded) Borrani Spoked Wire Wheels
Referred to internally as Maserati Gran Turismo 4000/GT tipo 109 "Mistral" this example was ordered by Foreign Car City Inc. in West Nyack, N.Y. and was invoiced on 10/23/1967
- Exciting "Garage Find"!
- Numbers-Matching Engine (Engine Number found stamped on the head and on the engine block)
- Rare and Desirable Example with Aluminum Coachwork
- Includes Maserati Classiche Documentation
- Optioned New with Power Windows and Radio Antenna
- Straight Forward Mistral Just Discovered, Ideal to Service and Use as a Quality Driver or a Great Base for Light Restoration
- One of approximately 800 Maserati Mistral's Built – Entire Production Including 3.5L, 3.7L, and 4.0L Steel and Alloy Versions
This rare 4.0L Alloy Mistral recently came to us from Michigan where it was last titled in 2009. Overall a very complete example the Mistral retains its original Lucas Fuel Injection system, air box, and original Borrani spoked wire wheels dated coded 5/67 & 6/67. The interior is believed to be all original while the body received a repaint many years ago and is presentable but has its flaws (pictured). The car has just come out of long term storage. The engine turns freely by hand but will require inspection and service of all systems prior to road use. There are three parts bins that accompany the sale (parts pictured). The exhaust/muffler is missing and there are some rust areas on the underside (pictured). To find the ultimate version of the Mistral coupe with the desirable Alloy coachwork and largest 4.0L engine is rare indeed the next owner will have a true grand touring jewel of the 1960's.