"The Lancia Fulvia Coupé appeared in 1965, based on a shortened chassis from the saloon that was introduced two years earlier, beautifully built and exquisite to drive it was a cut above the Fiats and Fords of the day. Initially fitted with an 80bhp 1200 cc engine, power was increased to 87bhp with the 1.3 rally and then 90bhp in the Rally S. There was also a 88bhp 1200 HF, an 101bhp 1300HF and the 115/130bhp 1600HF. It soon became involved in rallying and in HF form, and won the world championship several times, beginning Lancias’ domination of the sport for two decades.
This particular example is presented in the period colour of brown with light beige cloth interior and is left hand drive. It comes with twin headlights and spot lights to the front which were a late addition. These pretty little sports cars are a delight to drive and fun on the country roads, with their high revving 1.3 engine providing that familiar ‘rasp’ note from the exhaust. At no reserve, this is a great entry to the Italian sports car market. The car comes with a valid MoT certificate and although the car runs and drives, please be aware that some light re-commissioning will be necessary.