1952 Lancia Aurelia

Summary

  • Year of manufacture 
    1952
  • Car type 
    Coupé
  • Country VAT 
    IT
  • Lot number 
    40
  • Drive 
    RHD
  • Condition 
    Used
  • Location
  • Exterior colour 
    Blue
  • Gearbox 
    Manual
  • Drivetrain 
    2wd

Description

- First registered in 1952, it now has 2007 number plates and logbook. Starting from the chassis created by Luciano Basso, in the early 2000s, the last of the faithful replicas of those 7 legendary B20s with lightened aluminium bodywork that, in the early 1950s, successfully took part in the most important motorsport competitions such as the Tour of Sicily, the Le Mans 24 Hour race, the quot Mille Miglia quot , the Monaco Grand Prix and the Carrera Pan-American. These 7 cars were then demolished in 1955 on Lancia #39 orders, when the D50s were donated to Ferrari.
- Light blue coloured bodywork, it was rebuilt entirely in aluminium using a model created by Luciano Basso with the help of engineer De Virgilio, after a long and careful analysis of photos of the time. It is faithful to the original in every detail, with a low roof, no boot, a specific petrol tank, wide front air vents for brake ventilation, rear window and sliding side windows in persplex. The interior has no soundproofing or rear bench there are sports seats, a Nardi steering wheel and roll cage (homologated to logbook). The marks on the bodywork and the small dents caused by participation in numerous events and re-enactments only increase its racing car appeal.
- Mechanically perfect, it features low suspension, gearbox with floor gear lever and lightened engine prepared with carburettors with oversized jets, racing camshafts created from a design by engineer De Virgilio and the very rare Nardi manifold.
- In the 1980s, Luciano Basso, who at the time was the reference restorer for Lancia Museum cars, decided together with engineer De Virgilio to undertake an ambitious project: create a faithful replica of the lightened Aurelia B20s that competed and distinguished themselves in all the main competitions of their time. It took all their skill and competence, but in the end the result was above expectations, so much so that in the following years Luciano Basso created five more on commission, for a total of 6 replicas. Their conformity to the original was certified and signed by engineer De Virgilio and journalist Luigi Pellissier. All information reported was confirmed by Luciano Basso, who, together with the former owner, took part in numerous events on this very car, driving it also on the legendary Le Mans circuit. The proposed model is ready to be used and eligible for the most important historic motoring events, including the Tour Auto, the Coppa d #39 Oro delle Dolomiti and the Mille Miglia.