Summary

  • Year of manufacture 
    1954
  • Mileage 
    30 mi / 49 km
  • Car type 
    Other
  • Lot number 
    162
  • Drive 
    RHD
  • Condition 
    Used
  • Location
  • Exterior colour 
    Other
  • Gearbox 
    Manual

Description

"One of the unassailable leaders in the XK field is Guy Broad. Indeed, any car with a service history or works undertaken by this company will certainly command a premium. It is little surprise that this company his formed part of the development of this car these cars over the years and significant paperwork exist here to support works undertaken. The Malcolm Sayer-designed body panels complemented by the glorious, race-proven, six-cylinder power plant form a glorious Symphony when driven on the open road and XKs were often taken to the next level by their owners looking for that extra performance and the look and feel of their racing siblings.
This example has been taken back to bare metal, as you would expect from a restoration of this calibre and repainted in Royal Blue with a contrasting red and tan leather interior, a black mohair hood and complementary weather equipment. The bonnet benefits from additional cooling in the form of louvres pressed expertly into the panel. The original competition racing XK120 ‘NOB 120’ had 12 louvres before the bonnets stiffener and 15 after all held down by the classic leather bonnet strap. It is satisfying to note therefore that this example has being replicated to the exact same specification. Lighting takes the form, as you would expect with standard headlamps but with the addition of rally spotlights.
Under the skin, the engine and gearbox (now five-speed) has been taken apart by our friends at Guy Broad, rebuilt with an automatic choke and 2” twin SU carburettors set-up by Alto at A.J. Coachworks and then fitted with an aluminium radiator, installed to assist cooling.
Great consideration has gone into the comfort and usability of this motorcar to the extent that the footwell on both sides had been extended by 6” into the bulkhead to accommodate those slightly taller drivers and their passengers. In addition, the two 6V battery boxes in the boot have been combined freeing up one battery box to be upholstered throughout for valuables etc.
To finish, a Le Mans style fuel filler cap can be found to the rear and this beautifully-built roadster now sits on 16” chrome wire wheels and new tyres. 8bhp has been added to the power output by the fitting of big bore, stainless steel exhaust and stainless-steel fittings throughout. A superb example well put together and embodying much of the thinking behind the racing cars of yesteryear.
Interested parties should be advised that this is a September 1952 built Jaguar and has been converted from left to right hand drive."