"The Jaguar XK120 was manufactured by Jaguar between 1948 and 1954 and was Jaguar's first post-war sports car, succeeding the SS 100 which ceased production in 1940. The XK120 was launched in roadster form at the 1948 London Motor Show as a test bed and show car for the new Jaguar XK six-cylinder engine. It caused a sensation, which persuaded William Lyons to put the car into production and the '120' in its name referred to the 120 mph top speed which made the XK120 the world's fastest standard production car at the time of launch. It was available in two roadster convertible versions; as a drophead coupé, a roadster and also as a closed fixedhead coupé from 1951. The XK120 was aimed primarily at the US market and the fixedhead coupé was constructed in relatively small numbers with approximately 2680 units produced (combined left and righthand drive) compared with approximately 7614 Roadsters.
This superb XK120 fixedhead coupé has been subject to a body-off restoration and as such presents in beautiful condition. Clearly a high standard of workmanship adorned this lefthand drive Jaguar, the quality of which can only be appreciated if viewed in person. Finished in green metallic with Biscuit Connolly hide and matching carpets. Mechanically this car is a delight, the engine bursting into life when request and sounding exquisite with good oil pressure. A stainless steel exhaust system has also been fitted. Previously part of a significant private collection, this Jaguar XK120 fixedhead coupé is a real head turner."