COYS Auction - 'The Jaguar Legend'
Oxfordshire OX20 1PX
Saturday 17th July 2010 at 1pm
Registration Number: HSL 388 Chassis Number: 611080
The 1945-1948 Jaguar Mark IV, Jaguar‘s first cars after World War II are essentially continuations of the 1938-39 models. Most were four-door saloons and shared the same bodyshell, but the 1.5 Litre model rode a six-inch shorter wheelbase and had a four- instead of six-cylinder engine.
The first car to bear the legendary Jaguar name, SS being dropped for marketing reasons after the war, the Mk.IV Jaguar is felt by many to be the epitome of 1930’s British car design. Large chrome head lamps, running boards, leather interior, French polished wood and suicide doors for ease of access. High-quality interior furnishings included a traditional wood dash and top speed for the 1.5 Litre was about 70 mph; the 3.5 Litre could reach just over 90 mph.
This fine example was believed to have been exported directly to Austr