1948 GMC Pick-upPickup Custom
Year of manufacture1948
- All-new leather interior, two-tone paint, and modern powerplant
- Chassis-up restoration for which the owner reports up to $50k invested
- Chevrolet Performance V-8 crate motor, Edelbrock Performer heads and air filter
- Modern amenitites include power steering, new suspension, braking, climate, and stereo systems
- Welded trailer hitch receiver for additional towing capacity
- Attractive stained and polished wood truckbed
- Fewer than 1,400 miles since restoration
- Please note that this lot will need to be collected from Auburn, IN
Recently refreshed with a meticulous eye for detail and including many tasteful upgrades, this custom GMC pickup includes everything one would need for a fun summertime excursion. Powered by an all-new Chevrolet Performance V-8 with Edelbrock Performer intake manifold and air filter, the GMC’s performance has been wholly modernized. A new transmission, electrical system, braking system, and suspension were added. Additional upgrades include an in-cabin heating and air-conditioning system integated beneath the original dashboard, a modern stereo system with radio presets and phone input. Leather covers the seats, steering wheel, and inserts in the door panels – the truckbed is similarly upgraded with a locking Lund tool chest and refreshed hardwood framed with new riveted chrome hardware. Lumen LED headlights contribute a subtle modernization at the front, and the addition of power steering increases the pickup’s usability.
Initially intended to haul a tiny camper in a cross-country leisure tour, the pickup was prepared with a reinforced Valley V5 Class III receiver, designed to tow a max load of 5,000-6,000 lbs. The current owner reports the build totaled between $40,000 to $50,000. Though his cross-country trip never occurred, the owner recounts receiving universal compliments on the appearance of this tastefully upgraded pickup. Showing under 1,400 miles since its restoration, this 1948 GMC pickup has been reborn and is ready for its next adventure.
Please note that this lot is now offered without reserve.
To view this car and others currently consigned to this auction, please visit the RM website at rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/0120.