Coys Auction - Automoto D‘Epoca
Saturday 23 October 2010
Admission by catalogue only - admits two
OSCA was a tiny company, never making more than thirty cars in a single year, all of which were intended for competition. Its first offering, introduced in 1948, was the MT 4 (Maserati Tipo 4), a small Siluro powered by a 1092cc overhead-camshaft engine, which was immediately successful in the hands of Luigi Villoresi. Enlarged in stages up to 1,491 cc and given a twin-cam cylinder head, the OSCA engine was later taken up by FIAT, for whom it was ‘productionised’ by ex Ferrari designer, Aurelio Lampredi.
This FIAT OSCA 1600S was first registered in September 1964 and sold new through FIAT France. Its previous owner was Mr Roger Moret, of Vallet, who acquired the car in September 1967. Chassis number 29481 combines Pinifarina’s stylish cabriolet coachwork with the responsive OSCA engine. Breathing via twin Weber carburettors, the latter produces around 105bhp, whi