1998 Ferrari F355
Year of manufacture1998
Mileage62 943 km / 39 111 mi
This classic car is for sale on Catawiki. To have more information or to place a bid click on the "BID NOW" button. .The Ferrari F355 is one of Ferrari’s V8 models. It is the successor to the now iconic 348 and was succeeded by the F360 Modena. With the F355, Ferrari stepped away from the rear lights with horizontal grids in front and the air inlets with horizontal lines on the side such as those used on the Ferrari Testarossa. They went back to using the 2 x 2 round rear lights as on the Ferrari 308 and the Ferrari 328 series.
The type designation F355 stands for 3500cc engine capacity and 5 valves per cylinder.
This sports car is powered by a naturally-aspirated V8 engine with 3.5L and 380 hp. By increasing the number of valves from four (in the 348) to five, it ended up with a power/litre ratio of 109hp/litre, making this engine block one of the strongest of its time. The generous 380 hp has a top speed of > 295 km/h. The car accelerates from 0 to 100 km/h in 4.7 sec. The engine block in the 355 is a modification of the engine from the 348, with a proven track record.
This F355 is a very well maintained car! From the 2nd owner and in beautiful condition. You will not find one like this very soon, the owner treated the F355 like his own child!
The interior and exterior were fully treated in late 2020 which has lead to this beautiful result! This Ferrari has the beautiful Rosso Corsa colour. This colour makes it a unique car in the Ferrari segment.
The large 8-cylinder engine runs perfectly and starts immediately. The engine is smoke-free at all revs and runs perfectly!
Already fitted with the modern 6-speed gearbox. It shifts perfectly and the clutch is very sharp and direct.
The brakes are in good condition and react very well.
The Spider soft-top is in good condition and looks great. Regularly treated therefore in very good condition!
The interior is completely original and looks good, neat and well maintained.
The leather was regularly treated with a leather cream, the seats are still in good, fresh condition.
However, the Ferrari is 23 years old. It may have sustained some very minor signs of wear after 23 years. The car was completely resprayed early 2010 in this original red Ferrari 355 colour. The original colour was silver. Paintwork in beautiful condition!
Many maintenance invoices are available! Service manual completed and stamped!
- Major service in 2017, the engine was taken out. New timing, water pump, tension rollers, guide rollers, belts, spark plugs, gaskets, drive shaft rubbers, all fluids, etc. Invoices of all parts are available. The current belt will last for many more kilometres.
- New exhaust manifolds, these are custom manifolds in 2 mm stainless steel (Ferrari normally has 1 mm, but this one is 2 mm thick!)
- New tyres all around in 2019, still in mint condition
- Perfect original gearbox. The infamous 2nd gear is perfect!
- The exhaust is a Capristo 3 with an insane F1 sound in combination with the slightly better flowing exhaust manifolds.
- New Dutch periodic inspection valid until 29-05-2022.
- New water pump seals
- Nieuwe filters
- New AC belt
- An original, used 355/129 engine with 25,000 km was installed in 2010. Invoice available for €12.000. But therefore no longer matching numbers.
It still has the original set of tools. Two keys, one of which is an original Ferrari key.
The Ferrari can be viewed and picked up in Almelo, the Netherlands.