1978 Ferrari 308GTS
Year of manufacture1978
- One of 3,219 examples of the GTS produced from 1975 to 1980
- Sold new through Continental Motors of La Grange, Illinois
- 240 hp, carbureted 2.9-liter V-8; five-speed manual gearbox
- Finished in Rosso Chiaro over tan/black interior
- Exterior features Vitaloni “California” mirrors and five-spoke Cromodora wheels
- Equipped with power windows and air conditioning
- Interior features a Momo “Prototipo” steering wheel and Blaupunkt radio with cassette
- Offered with manuals with pouch, tool roll, flashlight, and jack
Check back soon for complete catalogue description.
Please note that in the three locations where the chassis number is found, it has been discovered that the steering column number and door sill pate number match one another, but the number stamped into the rear frame interestingly has two digits reversed. Although unconfirmed by the factory, it is strongly believed that this is merely attributable to a typographical error in period and therefore is believed to not put the car’s purity in question.
To view this car and others currently consigned to this auction, please visit the RM website at rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/0520.