The First Berlinetta Ferrari Bodied By Pinin Farina
Year of manufacture
The 212 picked up where the 166 left off, launching in 1951. Two options formed the basis of all of the multi-bodied 212s, the Inter – intended as more of a GT, and the Export, with a shorter chassis making for the more sporting of the two. Retaining the infamous Colombo V12 from the 166, the 212 offered fantastic torque and performance from its now 2.5litre V12 engine.
Delivered new by Luigi Chinetti of New York in 1952 to Max Hess of Pennsylvania, this 212 Inter marks the very beginning of what would become a lasting relationship between Pinin Farina and Ferrari. #0229 EL was the very first Pinin Farina bodied Ferrari Coupe. Described as the prototype 212 PF coupe, this is the very first of the 15 Pinin Farina bodied 212 coupes built and the sole right hand drive example.
During the early 1970s, like many others too, this car was fitted with a Chevrolet V8. Fortunately during a restoration in 2001, the original engine was located and reunited with the car.
It has recently undergone a comprehensive “nut and bolt” restoration in New Zealand by the world famous and highly respected outfit, Autorestorations in Christchurch. This car is now available to view in our showrooms just outside London and is presented in what can only be described as “on the button” and in “concours” condition.
Please refer to our main website www.dke.co.uk for full details, additional photos, our terms of sale and accurate pricing as some websites may use out of date currency exchange rates: https://www.dkeng.co.uk/ferrari-sales/987/blue_chip_competition_cars/ferrari_212_inter_pinin_farina.html