The Daimler SP250 was produced in Coventry from 1959 to 1964. The SP250 was originally known as the Daimler Dart but Daimler soon dropped the Dart name when threatened with legal action by Chrysler's Dodge division, and the car was then renamed the Daimler SP250.
It was launched at the 1959 New York Motor Show with a fiberglass body, four-wheel Girling disc brakes, and a 2.5-litre Hemi-head V8 engine designed by Edward Turner. Jaguar bought Daimler in 1960 and were immediately concerned about the chassis flex. To address this they brought out the B-spec. version with extra outriggers on the chassis and a strengthening hoop between the A-posts. There were also other improvements including an adjustable steering column.
This right-hand drive B-spec example was exported to Sweden in the 1980s and has had three former keepers whilst there. The last owner improved the entire car and also put on a electric fan for better cooling when driving in the city.
This particular car was subject to a complete restoration in the 1990s and subject to a respray just two years ago, including the factory hard top. The interior was also reupholstered and restored at the same time.
It has been well maintained and is presented with a superb and comprehensive history file. The engine comes with a fresh compression test confirming that all is well mechanically. These Daimler SP250s have been an underrated and often overlooked classic for some time but are now starting to find traction in the market as a great driving and great value British sports car.