Sold without registration papers
Chassis no.: 102449
- Real barn exit
- Beautiful period patina
- Original coupling
The Citroën C4 was presented at the Paris Motor Show in October 1928. 121,000 copies will be produced until 1932. It corresponds to an evolution of the previous models B12, B14 and B15. Its silhouette is modernized, it gains in comfort and its handling is improved. Engine power is increased by 40%, for a maximum speed exceeding 90 km/h. It is manufactured in the same way as the B14, the cast iron crankcase cylinder block is cast in one piece, with a three-bearing crankshaft lubricated under pressure. The gearbox housing is also made of cast iron and no longer aluminium. A water pump and a fan on the radiator improve cooling. The magneto ignition is also modernized by a Delco system with battery and coil. The C4 underwent successive evolutions until the appearance of the C4G in 1931. It will be declined and manufactured in military version for the Yellow Cruise raid and for the Second World War. The Citroën Rosalie succeeded him in 1932.
The copy we are presenting is a 1931 C4G. Authentic barn exit this car was used by a street vendor in the streets of Limoges until the mid-1960s. This small shopkeeper criss-crossed the city selling ice cream, hot chestnuts or other pralines. Our C4 is accompanied by its trailer equipped with an oven for cooking roasted chestnuts. Recovered about forty years ago by the uncle of the current owner, this original carriage has remained in its original state. The cone doors with the period newspaper are still there and the oven filled with wood is only waiting for a spark to start again.
This car will be sold by auction by AGUTTES Auction House, in La Ferté-Vidame, at the Citroën Centenary, France, on July the 21th, 2019.
The digital catalog will be available soon on our website
Please contact us for any further details.
+33 760 781 018
+33 668 362 622
+33 147 459 301