"The first Chevrolet Pick-up truck appeared in 1924, though in house designs did not appear until 1930. General Motors’ first major redesign post World War Two, the Advance Design series was billed as a bigger, stronger and sleeker design in comparison to the earlier GM AK series. First available on Saturday 28th June 1947, these trucks were sold with various minor changes over the years until 25th March 1955, when the Task Force Series trucks replaced the aging Advance Design model. Subtle changes throughout production years meant that 1953 was the last year for the 216 inline six-cylinder engine. Hood side emblems now only read 3100, 3600, 3800, 4400, or 6400 in large print; door post ID plate was now blue with silver letters (previous models used black with silver letters).
This Chevrolet originated from the founder and former Vice Chairman of the Newport Concours d’ Elegance. Originally a 1950, 3600 model but now fitted with a 1956/1967 Chevrolet 327 V8 engine mated to a four speed Muncie transmission. Prior to long term storage the following restoration work had been completed; rear springs replaced, handbrake cables replaced, horn repaired, replacement front kingpins, replacement front brakes, new headliner, glove box replaced, door strikers replaced, recovered bench seat, front axle beam replaced, front brakes changed to self-adjusting and new handbrake foot pedal.
This truck is handsome and offers a practical workhorse for towing, breakdown assistance, load carrying or showing at classic car events. The vehicle is supplied with all the correct export papers and Certificate of Title from South Dakota, along with the DVLA number plate authorisation allocating YVL 861 and an MoT test certificate for registration transfer. These vehicles, of late, are becoming very collectable with prices rising for fully restored examples commanding £20,000 to £30,000 in some cases. This vehicle can be enjoyed as it is or as an on-going restoration to get it up to show standard.