Berkshire SL5 7JX
Sunday 23 May 2010 at 3pm
Registration Number: BPN 508 Chassis Number: E2258
The BSA Company first produced a motor car in 1907 some two years before it produced its first complete motor cycle. From 1907, various RWD BSA cars were produced before production of all RWD cars stopped in 1936 when the company concentrated on FWD vehicles. Designed by Captain E Baguley, the first BSA cars were produced in various forms with capacities ranging from 2.5 to 4.2 litre. The larger cars were based on the 1907 Peking-Paris Itala. Following the purchase of the Daimler Company by BSA in September 1910 responsibility for motor car manufacture was transferred to the latter company. BSA cars continued to be produced for two years following the amalgamation of the two companies, but after this point they became badge engineered Daimlers.
The car on offer here is a series 6 BSA Scout, first registered in 1939. A front wheel drive car with 4 cyl