1968 Alfa Romeo Duetto

Spider "Osso di Seppia" Cuttlefish

Summary

  • Year of manufacture 
    1968
  • Mileage 
    65 130 km / 40 470 mi
  • Car type 
    Convertible / Roadster
  • Chassis number 
    AR1670031
  • Engine number 
    AR00530*7854
  • Lot number 
    25
  • Drive 
    LHD
  • Condition 
    Restored
  • Exterior brand colour 
    Rosso Alfa Romeo
  • Interior colour 
    Black
  • Interior type 
    Leather
  • Number of doors 
    2
  • Number of seats 
    2
  • Location
  • Exterior colour 
    Red
  • Gearbox 
    Manual
  • Performance 
    89 PS / 66 kW / 88 BHP
  • Drivetrain 
    2wd
  • Fuel type 
    Petrol

Description

· Only 65,130 Km
· Alfa Romeo red with black leather interior
· The car has been entirely restored using many original components and not the components recently produced.

In 1966, the Alfa Romeo company presented the first model among those that would become among the most famous and long-lived, known as the ‘Duetto'. It was produced in 4 different series but for 28 years it managed to win the hearts of fans. To choose the name, Alfa Romeo, a public competition was held, with a sample of the new car up for grabs. The name Duetto won, but the name was used only for the first 190 examples, because of the homonymy with a snack of the time that obtained the exclusive use of the name. Nevertheless, the name remained so deeply rooted in the common language that all subsequent versions were identified as Duetto.

The spider 1300 Junior was produced from 1968 to 1969 for only 2680 units. The modern styled bodywork, designed by Pininfarina, was the last project followed by Pinin Farina himself. The line of the car with its rounded front and tail, connected by convex sides, recalls the shape of a cuttlefish bone, hence the name that makes it recognizable throughout the world. Same engine as the GT 1300 Junior, with five-speed gearbox and four disc brakes.

The car here proposed has been completely restored both in the bodywork and in its interior by the current owner faithfully respecting the dictates of the factory, in addition it was wanted to further enhance the work done through the use of much of the components used (gear lever, dashboard, etc.) of parts of original manufacture of the time and not replacing them with others of more recent manufacture with poor quality. The engine has been entirely revised in its mechanical elements and in those related to components and sings as if it had left the factory. This car is just waiting to be able to continue to give emotions for the next few years to come. Since 1968, it has covered only 65,130 km.