Launched in 1948, as the 'motorcycle for everyman', the Velocette LE addressed the criticisms most often levelled at motorcycles - that they were noisy, dirty and needed special clothing to ride - achieving impressive levels of silence, comfort and practicality. Sadly for the LE, its arrival coincided with the start of the scooter boom; asked to compete against Italian style, Velo's ugly duckling never stood a chance, even after the sidevalve flat twin's performance had been boosted by a capacity increase from 149 to 192cc in 1950. This LE was sold new via Pinks of Harrow, Middlesex, a scooter dealership. Restored at date unknown, it was in regular use by the previous owner (the current registered keeper) until 2014. The machine is offered with a quantity of expired MoT certificates and a V5C registration document.