“The two-wheel Great War Queen”
The history of the German factory NSU begins at the end of the Nineteenth Century. The company started
with the production of sewing machines and bicycles, but it fastly switched to motorbikes and cars
manufacturing. The beginning of the First World War slowed d own the production of commercial vehicles
and NSU focused its business in the realization of military vehicles, becoming one of the Empire's first
Between the many produced, the NSU 500 (also known as 8/24 495) was one of the most requested
motorbikes of the company and one of the few models produced during the war.
The bike was equipped for military purposes and it allowed quick movements to the Empire’s Army during
the First World War.
This model reached the maximum speed speed of 75 km/h with its 500cc power and 4-stroke twin-cylinder
engine, this was a remarkable speed for the time standards. Today, it is possible to admire the beautiful
1913 NSU 500 model at Ruote da Sogno showroom in Reggio Emilia, Italy.