Throughout the teens, twenties and thirties, a succession of sporting machinery left the Bracebridge Street factory, in addition to more workaday mounts. The Second World War interrupted civilian motorcycle manufacturing, as the factory, along with many others, turned its efforts to war production. Stalwart of the war effort was Norton's popular 16H model utilised by so many despatch riders throughout the conflict. Initially produced before the war, the 348cc model 50 was not revived until 1955, when it reappeared with a swinging arm frame identical to its siblings. It continued in this form until 1958 when it was finally equipped with the Featherbed frame used on the twin cylinder models, along with alternator electrics and coil ignition. The final change came in 1961 when the frame was altered to the 'slimline' type and a snazzy two-tone paint scheme was adopted. Both 350 and 500 single cylinder models were discontinued in 1963. VFF 818 is one of those, relatively rare, late slimline models, and was purchased by the vendor's late husband in 1994, having been restored by the previous owner. It has not been run, or used on the road, in the present ownership, only being taken to occasional shows, and will therefore require re-commissioning and safety checks before returning to the road with a new owner. Documentation consists of a current V5C document, together with various receipts and invoices, a quantity of old MoT certificates, and sundry papers.