Having commenced motorcycle production late in 1945 with a 98cc two-stroke, Meccanica Verghera (MV) introduced its first production four-strokes, the single-cylinder 175CST and CSTL, at the Milan Show in 1952, the newcomers' advanced overhead-cam, unitary construction engine setting them apart from most of the opposition. Their cycle parts too were state-of-the-art, consisting of a duplex loop frame incorporating the engine as a stressed member, oil-damped telescopic front fork, swinging-arm rear suspension and full-width alloy hubs. A year later the 175 CS Sport arrived featuring an engine in a higher state of tune that increased maximum power to 15bhp at 8,800rpm and pushed top speed to 135km/h (84mph). Alternative versions with either a race-developed Earles-type leading-link fork or conventional telescopics were offered. It was not just the Sport's cutting-edge technical specification that set the public's pulse racing but also its styling, for the model featured a sculpted fuel tank, almost circular when viewed from above, that soon gained it the popular sobriquet 'Disco Volante' (Flying Saucer). Not surprisingly, the 175 CS Sport 'Disco Volante' was soon MV's best seller. Production of this highly successful model continued until 1958. This 175 CSS was acquired by the current vendor in the early 1980s. Fully rebuilt in the 1990s, it has been used only sparingly since then, mainly at MV Club events. The machine is offered with Belgian Carte Grise and MV Agusta Historic Register Certificato di Iscrizione.