Following the collapse of its aero engine business after World War One, BMW turned to other areas of manufacture, motorcycles amongst them. Its first two models, marketed as the Frink and the Helios, were failures, but a successful proprietary engine was supplied to other manufacturers, such as Victoria. Designed by Max Fritz and launched in 1923, the first motorcycle to be sold as a BMW was powered by a 493cc side-valve twin cylinder engine with horizontally opposed cylinders, this flat-twin layout would forever be associated with the marque.
This classic BMW R60/2 with the distinctive two cylinder boxer engine and original Steib 350 LS sidecar has been comprehensively restored and as a result it is described by the vendor as in excellent condition throughout. Interested parties shou