Manufactured by the Italian industrial giant Innocenti, the Lambretta gained instant acceptance in the immediate post-war years, not the least because of its cleanliness and convenience. Predecessor of the Li and TV series, the D (un-enclosed) LD (enclosed) models arrived in 125cc form in 1951 and became available with a 150cc engine three years later, in October 1954. The D/LD 150's air-cooled two-stroke single-cylinder engine produced 6bhp (1.2bhp more than the 125) giving the model a top speed of around 50mph. Production of the Lambretta 150 D ended in December 1956 after over 54,000 had been built; survivors though, are relatively few. We are advised by the vendor that this example's engine was overhauled circa seven years ago, leaving the cosmetic aspects of its restoration still to do. There are no documents with this Lot, which is sold strictly as viewed.