Before WW2, Ferdinando Innocenti founded a successful engineering company making steel pipes and joints still used today for scaffolding, and named “Tubi Innocenti”.
Just after the war he saw the potential for an economic means of transport and created the Lambretta, so called because its factory was in the east suburb of Milan, Lambrate.
Innocenti though was born in Pescia, a small town in Tuscany not far from Pontedera, where the Lambretta’s rival Vespa was produced by Piaggio.
Lambretta had a tubular frame, to which the body panels were fixed, and the engine was a small single cylinder two stroker.
The scooter we are proposing today comes from the final series of the 150 LD model.
In 1957, the Lambretta, which up to then was always grey, was enriched with a two-tone finish: the two rear lids, the front and the handlebar nacelle could be painted in Light Blue, Emerald Green, English Blue or Deep Red, like the one we are selling today. It has recently been completely restored: it is therefore in perfect condition and still has its original number plate and paperwork.
It is a very high quality example of a classic Italian scooter from the 1950s, with relatively good performance due to its displacement. It would be a perfect addition to any collection of 1950s Italian automobiles!
The scooter is in excellent mechanical condition but, for safety reasons, we advise the purchaser to have it checked over before driving.