1950 Douglas 348cc Mark IV Registration no. 483 YUX Frame no. 8485/4 Engine no. 8485/4
Douglas commenced post-war production in 1947 with a flat twin, though unlike the vast majority of its predecessors the new T35 mounted its engine across the frame. Legendary Douglas rider/designer Freddie Dixon improved the bike for 1948, this revised Mark III version featuring new cylinder heads and a stronger frame, while 1950 saw the introduction of the Mark IV with its distinctive triangular toolboxes, frame-mounted pillion footrests and un-sprung front mudguard. This Mark IV 'Duggie' has been the subject of a good deal of restoration while in the hands of the present owner. The frame, petrol tank and other tinware were treated to a 'bare metal' re-spray last year and the wheels rebuilt with new rims. The engine has benefited from a re-bore and new pistons, and the gearbox has been overhauled. Described by the vendor as in generally good condition, the machine is offered with current MoT/tax and V5C registration document.