A new 650cc twin joined BSA's 500cc A7 model in 1949, the latter's engine being revised along the lines of the new design at the same time. The existing parallel twin architecture was retained for the new A10, with 360-degree crankshaft and single camshaft at the rear of the cylinder block, as was the four-speed gearbox bolted directly to the crankcase in a form of semi-unitary construction, and the tele-fork-and-plunger cycle parts. Named 'Golden Flash', the new 650 was strikingly finished in pale beige metallic. Much loved by the sidecar fraternity, the model was up-dated with the swinging-arm frame and separate gearbox for 1955 and continued in production until 1962. Modified in 'café racer' style, this A10 has been off the road in dry storage for several years and will require re-commissioning before returning to the road. There are no documents with this Lot, which is sold strictly as viewed and offered without reserve.