1921 BSA 557cc Model K Project Registration no. NX 584 Frame no. B2461 Engine no. R1988
The first motorcycles made by the Birmingham Small Arms Company in the early 1900s used proprietary engines such as the Belgian Minerva, and it was not until 1910 that the firm introduced a BSA designed and built machine. This outstandingly original and unmolested Model K previously belonged to the lady vendor's late husband's father, and is believed to have been in the family's possession from new. It comes with the original purchase receipt, showing that the BSA was bought from W Warner, Cycle and Motor Engineer of Leamington, and an old-style continuation logbook issued in July 1925 to the machine's purchaser, one W Wheaver. A change of taxation class from Sidecar to Bicycle is recorded in October 1929. Off the road in dry storage for some considerable time, this is a dream project for the experienced restorer.