Introduced in September 1958, the unitary construction BSA C15 250cc roadster replaced the outgoing C12 and would provide the basis for an entire range of singles in capacities up to 500cc. The first new C15-based model to feature an enlarged engine was the 343cc B40, an addition to the line-up for 1961. The B40 remained in production until 1965, many seeing service with the British Armed Forces, which ordered 2,000 following an extended reliability test. An older restoration, this B40 has been off the road in dry storage for several years and will require re-commissioning prior to further use. There are no documents with this Lot, which is sold strictly as viewed. No reserve.