1949 Ariel 346cc NG Project Registration no. not registered Frame no. RF4592 Engine no. DJ2511X
By 1930 the engine of Ariel's Val Page-designed single-cylinder range had gained a rear-mounted magneto and its distinctive timing cover, and this basic design - frequently revised - would last well into the post-war era, finally disappearing when production of all Ariel's four-stroke models ceased in 1959. For the 1936 season the Standard models were dropped and two new overhead-valve De Luxe models introduced: the 250cc LG and 350cc NG, complementing the sporting Red Hunters. The 350cc NG produced 13bhp at 5,000rpm and, in common with the rest of the range, received a four-speed foot-change Burman gearbox for 1937 and a telescopic front fork in 1947. There are no documents with this incomplete NG, which is offered for restoration.