1964 Aston Martin DB5

Zusammenfassung

  • Baujahr 
    1964
  • Chassisnummer 
    DB5/1740/L
  • Motornummer 
    400/1719
  • Losnummer 
    222
  • Lenkung 
    Links
  • Zustand 
    Gebraucht
  • Zahl der Sitze 
    2
  • Standort
  • Außenfarbe 
    Sonstige
  • Antrieb 
    Zweirad
  • Kraftstoff 
    Benzin

Beschreibung

1964 Aston Martin DB5 Sports Saloon
Chassis no. DB5/1740/L
Engine no. 400/1719

Aston Martin's post-war evolution took a giant step forward with the launch of the DB4 in 1958. Classically proportioned, the Touring-designed body established an instantly recognisable look that would stand the marque in good stead until 1970. The engine was still an all-alloy, twin-overhead-camshaft, six but the old W O Bentley supervised 3.0-litre unit had been superseded by a new design by Tadek Marek. The new 3,670cc engine featured 'square' bore and stroke dimensions of 92mm, and developed its maximum power of 240bhp at 5,500rpm. The David Brown gearbox was a new four-speed all-synchromesh unit.

The DB5 was the first and remains the most famous of all the 'James Bond' Aston Martins, having appeared in no fewer than five movies of the series, beginning with Goldfinger in 1964. Equipped with rocket launchers and sundry other gadgets, 007's DB5 was finished in Silver Birch with red interior, in which specification it was later issued by Corgi Toys.

According to the accompanying copy order form, '1740/L' was supplied by Aston Martin Lagonda directly to its first owner, Mr Sidney R Langsam, a resident of Colorado, USA. The form also lists the UK registration number 'AGN 592B', presumably because Mr Langsam collected the car in the UK, possibly to do some touring, prior to shipping it to the United States. A desirable five-speed model, the DB5 was originally finished in Fiesta red with red-piped black leather interior trim, and was fitted with various items of non-standard equipment including Normalair air conditioning, heated rear screen, two wing mirrors, power operated aerial and chrome road wheels. Aston Martin Owners Club records show '1740/L' as belonging to a Mr L Hansen of Hamburg, Germany in 1992.

In July 2002 the DB5 was purchased by the immediately preceding owner and treated to a complete restoration by recognised marque specialists The Aston Workshop in County Durham, which was completed in May 2005. The car has been converted to accept unleaded fuel, while other noteworthy features include 'fast road' camshafts, upgraded brakes, a handling kit, chromed wire wheels, Alpine sound system and a modern air conditioning unit. Finished in blue metallic with tan leather interior trim, this beautiful DB5 comes with the aforementioned copy order form and its jack and correct Britool tool roll.

Should the vehicle remain in the UK, local import taxes of 5% will be applied to the hammer price.