Manufactured at Feltham on 12th November 1953 and delivered finished in red, chassis number 'LML/538' was first acquired by J Broadhurst and Sons, the owners of Portland Pottery, Stoke-on-Trent before passing into the ownership of HWM Limited of Walton-on-Thames on 1st April 1957. For the next ten years, 'TEH 305' was registered in the name of the George Abecassis-owned historic Aston Martin garage, where a replacement 2,580cc engine (the one currently fitted) was a change recorded on 23rd January 1961. Abecassis, a former driver with the works team, had married Angela Brown, daughter of Aston Martin owner David Brown.
Following long service at HWM, the car was sold in June 1967 to its third owner, Captain Davis RN of Warren Grange, Crowborough and by the late 1970s was owned by motor sporting engineer and race/rally competitor Ron Gammons. In 1986 the Gammons workshops were entrusted with rebuilding the engine during the ownership of John Clark of Offenham, the first of several