"Morris Motors began in 1912 when bicycle manufacturer, William Morris, moved on from the sale, hire and repair of cars to car manufacturing. He planned a new light car assembled from bought-in components, in this way he was able to retain ownership by keeping within the bounds of his own capital resources. A factory was opened in 1913 at the former Oxford Military College in Cowley, Oxford, where Morris's first car, the two seat Morris Oxford 'Bullnose' was assembled. Morris Cowley was a name given to various cars produced by the Morris Motor Company from 1915 to 1958. In 1926, the Bullnose radiator was replaced by a flat version known as the Flatnose and built by Morris until 1931. First registered on 18th June 1932, this fabulous Flatnose Morris tourer has been in the ownership of our vendor, or his brother, since 1958, when it was purchased for the princely sum of £30. The original receipt can be found contained within the fabulous history file. The brother gifted the car, as a Christmas present, to our vendor in 1960, when he was 23 and at Durham University, he fondly remembers driving the car back to Newcastle and joining the AA on route, for safety! Upon his retirement, our vendor undertook a full restoration of the car, he commissioned Cooke Group to un-seize the engine and get the ball rolling in 2000. As a particular labour of love, the restoration took some 14 years with work on and off, however, in 2014 the car moved under its own steam for the first time since 1965 and a few weeks later entered the Kop Hill climb. Today the car presents in very good order throughout and details on the history can be found at www.ppowers.com/lucas_plc.htm . This tourer with the delightful flatnose tourer body and dickey seat has since been garaged and well maintained. Offered with original log books and what we consider to be one of the most comprehensive history files that we have had the pleasure to hold, this is a fabulous example of a very usable and collectable entry level classic, not to be missed."