French registration title
- Attractive estimate
- 2.0L Alfa Romeo engine
- Old restoration
Morgan was founded in 1909 by Henry Frederick Stanley Morgan in Malvern, England. Forging a name for itself with its three-wheel cycle cars, the Morgan brand made the leap in 1936 with the presentation of the Morgan 4/4, for four wheels and four cylinders. Success is there and the small roadster equipped with a 1.6L Ford engine evolves in 1950 with the presentation of the Plus 4 which is differentiated by its wider fenders and its block still original Ford but with a displacement now increased to 2.0L. The wonderful story of the small English manufacturer is on the way. Nowadays, the brand still belongs to the descendants of H.F.S. Morgan. A very rare still independent English manufacturer, Morgan continues its legend and still manufactures this model with elegance and a so British style.
The one that we present to you in these pages is a Plus 4 model first registered in August 1966. The particularity of the model is the engine which is of Alfa Romeo origin. It is an AR00512 type, therefore coming from a Spider Veloce or a GTV. The displacement is therefore 2000 cm3 and delivers a power of around 130 horsepower. Owned by an enthusiast of old mechanics, this example was restored a few years ago. Its gray paint has been well applied, the interior is generally well preserved, the beige soft top and tonneau cover are in very good condition and the wire wheels mounted on 195 / 55R 15-inch tires have beautifully crafted chrome. Offered at an attractive estimate and accompanied by its sides screens, this Morgan Plus 4 is complete and runs well.
Aguttes – Auction House in Paris
The Autumn Sale 2020 / 13th of December