Year of manufacture1967
Exterior brand colourWhite
Coys Auction - Techno Classica Essen
Hall 3, Stand 1.02
Saturday 4th April 2009
Admission by catalogue only - admits two.
Tel: +49 (0) 201 5233 1011/1012 Fax: +49 (0) 201 5233 1251
2nd April from 10.00 - 18.00
3rd April from 10.00 - 19.00
4th April from 09.00 until start of sale
Collectors Auction at 14.00
Motorcars Auction 15.30
Maserati’s first four door model made its debut in 1963. The new car, known as the Quattroporte - denoting four doors - had a graceful saloon body styled by Frua and was powered by a 4.1 litre V8 engine featuring the usual four camshafts and four Weber carburettors, while there was a choice of manual or automatic transmission. As could be expected from a car of such pedigree, it attracted the rich and famous as buyers, among them Sir Peter Ustinov.
This beautiful example was first delivered in April 1967 to its first owner in Verona. It remained in its native Italy until 2000 when it was imported to Germany by the Bonn-based Masera