1952 Lancia Aurelia

B20GT

Summary

  • Year of manufacture 
    6/1952
  • Mileage 
    22 610 km / 14 050 mi
  • Car type 
    Coupé
  • Chassis number 
    B20-1548
  • Engine number 
    B20-1627
  • Drive 
    LHD
  • Condition 
    Used
  • Interior colour 
    Grey
  • Number of doors 
    2
  • Number of seats 
    3
  • Location
  • Exterior colour 
    Blue
  • Gearbox 
    Manual
  • Performance 
    80 PS / 59 kW / 79 BHP
  • Drivetrain 
    2wd
  • Fuel type 
    Petrol

Description

The Lancia Aurelia is a car produced by Italian manufacturer Lancia from 1950 to the summer of 1958. It is noted for using the first series-production V6 engine. Several body styles were offered: 4-door saloon, 2-door GT coupé (B20), 2-door spider/convertible (B24), and a chassis to be custom bodied by external coachbuilders.

At the rear was an innovative combination transaxle with the gearbox, clutch, differential, and inboard-mounted drum brakes. The front suspension was a sliding pillar design, with rear semi-trailing arms replaced by a de Dion tube in the Fourth series. The Aurelia was also first car to be fitted with radial tires as standard equipment.

Establishing a post-war Lancia tradition, the car was named after a Roman road: the Via Aurelia, leading from Rome to Pisa.

This is a second series Aurelia B20GT taht uses a higher compression ratio engine with repositioned valves. Other changes to the first series also include better brakes and minor styling tweaks, such as chromed bumpers instead of the aluminium ones used in the earlier car. A new dashboard featured two larger instrument gauges.

This is one of the 736 Aurelia B20GT built in 1952. It has been through restoration some years ago and a photografic compilation from the works is available.

Matching numbers and in very good condition.