1958 Jaguar XK 150

SE FHC

Summary

  • Year of manufacture 
    1958
  • Mileage 
    2 257 mi / 3 633 km
  • Car type 
    Coupé
  • Chassis number 
    S835556BW
  • Lot number 
    4
  • Drive 
    LHD
  • Condition 
    Used
  • Interior colour 
    Red
  • Location
  • Exterior colour 
    Black
  • Gearbox 
    Automatic
  • Performance 
    213 PS / 157 kW / 211 BHP
  • Drivetrain 
    2wd
  • Fuel type 
    Petrol

Description

SE version - Special Equipment (disc brakes on all wheels, higher engine power)
Complete highly professional nut and bolt renovation 2012-14 carried out regardless of cost
Previous owner (renovation investor) is the world-famous architect and designer Paolo Piva
Import from Italy, Czech or Italian historic documents
Regularly driven, perfect condition, after service
Other features: possibility of assisting with registration, transport, storage and Trusted Checkout payment

The final iteration in the XK series was the XK150, which was introduced in May 1957 as a 1958 model. Although recognizably a member of the Jaguar family, it was wider and not nearly as swoopy as the earlier XKs, and the distinctive grill had a much more delicate appearance than its predecessor. Although the chassis was carried over unchanged from the 140, the equipment now included four-wheel disc brakes, which was a first for a car built in series production. Initially, a convertible and fixed head were the only body choices.

Under the wider bonnet lurked the familiar twin-cam, straight-six, which was almost as pretty as the car itself. The standard engine was rated at 190 bhp, but a 210bhp SE version was also offered. As before, the four speed manual transmission was offered with overdrive and a three-speed Borg Warner automatic was optional.

Many considered the XK150 a fast touring car rather than an out-and-out sports car, which is supported by the simple fact that the cars were seldom raced or rallied. Still, the 150 had enough appeal to sell 9,395 examples, of a car that cost close to $5,000 when production ceased in 1961. The car was a grand close to one of the most iconic sports car series of all time.

This example is the more desirable SE version - Special Equipment with disc brakes on all wheels and higher engine power. The car is equipped with the optional automatic 3-speed transmission.

It was imported from Italy to the Czech Republic in 2016. Czech or Italian historic documents, it is also possible to register for a Czech regular license plate.

A complete highly professional nut and bolt renovation in the years 2012 to 2014 was carried out regardless of cost. The former owner and renovation investor is the world-famous architect and designer Paolo Piva, who owned the car since 1996 and who used it for long trips around Italy and subsequently had it renovated. The car is regularly driven at classic rallies (Italy 2018, Austria 2019).

The car is in perfect condition and after a service.