1952 Jaguar XK 120Roadster
Year of manufacture1952
- Highly detailed, show-quality, frame-off restoration
- Restored and upgraded by Jaguar Specialist John Pollock
- Professionally repainted in 2018
- Matching numbers engine block and cylinder head
- Documented by its Jaguar Heritage Trust certificate
- Upgraded with a Tremec five-speed gearbox
- Includes convertible top, tonneau cover, side curtains, spare wheel, toolkit, and jack
- Successful participant in the Colorado Grand and California Mille
- Ideally suited for vintage touring and rally events
- Please note that this lot will need to be collected from Los Angeles, CA
According to its Jaguar Heritage Trust certificate, this stunning dark blue XK 120 roadster was completed by the factory on 27 May 1952 and delivered to Los Angeles, California. A California car since new, the current owner desired to not only have this classic roadster restored to perfection, but also make some improvements for safety, reliability, and more suitable for touring and vintage rally events. To that end, the XK 120 was treated to a comprehensive, frame-off restoration by noted Southern California Jaguar marque specialist John Pollock. He added a host of tasteful improvements and upgrades during the restoration that still allow this Jaguar to retain its original aesthetics and character while also significantly enhancing its drivability and reliability.
Some of the enhancements include Wilwood front disc-brakes, a Tremec five-speed gearbox with a .73 fifth gear ratio, Griffen aluminum radiator with auxiliary fan switch, Petronix electronic ignition system with matching high-voltage coil, gear reduction starter, Lucas 700 driving lights, stainless-steel exhaust system, and five Vredestein 185/SR16 High-Speed radial tires. Driver comfort and safety considerations were addressed with a custom-made set of bucket seats, competition seat belts, a 15-inch reproduction of the original steering wheel, a Hylon fire extinguisher, and Dynamat-lined floors and firewall. Additionally, a matching blue Stayfast tonneau cover along with a toolkit, owner’s manuals, and service receipts accompany the car.
Since the restoration was completed, the Jaguar has been driven less than 3,000 reliable miles. Many of these miles were accumulated when the car participated successfully in both the Colorado Grand and the California Mille. A full service and proper sorting were recently completed by Jaguar expert Steve’s Jaguar, making this uniquely upgraded XK 120 ready to be enjoyed by its next driving enthusiast.To view this car and others currently consigned to this auction, please visit the RM website at rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/0120.